Tumbled fused glass brooches that look like washed up sea glass, beautifully created by Alma Caira fused glass.
These matt finish brooches are reminiscent of sea glass and are beautifully tactile.
- Every design takes several firings in the kiln to get the desired effect and each brooch is unique.
- Layers of Bullseye glass in concentric circles of blue and green shades create a fresh, modern look.
- Perfect on a winter coat or denim jacket in the summer.
- Finished with a sterling silver plated pin and presented in a gift box.
- These are unique handmade items and only 1 is available in each style.
I spend my days playing with glass in my Whitstable garden studio where I also run regular glass fusing workshops. I studied Silversmithing and Jewellery at Glasgow School of Art, graduating in 1990 and I still make the occasional piece in silver but I've been totally addicted to glass fusing for around 10 years now. A recent acquisition of a glass torch means a new, exciting adventure in lampworking where I can manipulate glass in the flame. I'm having huge amounts of fun with this, adding flame worked elements to my fused glass designs such as seaweed and foliage. I'm currently teaching myself how to blow glass, exciting times.